Saturday, September 13, 2008

fleas part II

I can't say I've never felt this way before. As when I was subletting a super cheap LES apartment, my apartment was plagued with roaches! That was when I could not sleep without keeping one eye open. I was paranoid. I never cooked at home. I put towels under my door to keep any from coming in, and I made sure never to leave my room after 9PM. The person I subletted from never told me a thing! I visited during the day and there were no signs of this grossness.. and of course she spent her summer digging up bones and what not in Israel and was away from my anger! The only good thing that came out of it were my kick ass internships, being in NYC and the fact that it only took one extermination and the roaches were gone! Amazed! (and I didn't have to pay the bill)

My aunt was joking about how funny it was that I keep having bad luck with living situations..I couldn't really find the 'funny' part in the whole matter. Before we moved in our landlady did NOT mention anything about fleas! She didn't mention she exterminated the day before we moved in. we moved in on Saturday and didn't suspect a darn thing until Monday when I woke up with 4 bug bites on my legs! Everyday I had more and more and it wasn't until finally we figured out it was fleas! Already I was covered in flea bites all over my legs and it was then, that our landlady casually told us about the previous tenants who had brought in a stray dog..aldfjaljfa

That was 2 weeks ago. We're approaching week three..Let me tell you, it has been a hell hole! My friends Elizabeth and Eric offered from reprieve from the fleas and I was honestly glad they weren't too concerned about me tracking any to their brand new house. Fleas are a pain to get rid of! Here’s what we’ve done so far (at the landlord’s expense)

-Exterminated three time (although one of the ‘exterminations’ was really a flea bomb)
-Flea bombed twice! (three times if you count one of the ‘exterminations’)
-We had borax all over the floor in my entire house! It covered every square in. of my bedroom..we only lasted 3 days with it in our house.
-So then I vacuumed and mopped the entire house for our 2nd extermination/bomb.
-Now I use a hand spray with growth regulator, the landlady has hired someone to come and mop the floor and vacuum three times a week (I vacuum in between those days) and I’ve spread
-I’ve strategically placed diatomaceous earth in every corner/crack..quite hard considering our house was built in 1920 and we have ALL hardwood floors except for the bathroom.

Hopefully this will all be over in 2 weeks. I am leaving for tour for over a month! Quite scary. I never had to worry about someone breaking in and stealing my stuff, or my car..or FLEAS or having to move when I return if the fleas are still here. Now I do. Instead of school I'm tackling THREE BANDS on tour AT THE SAME TIME! It is crazy. I'll keep you posted on my tour blog.

And, I'm going to try to advertise this blog and my other one. They both get good hits considering I haven't put the link up anywhere.

In other news, I'm going to a meetup tomorrow for The Geek Girls of Austin..umm it is going to be great! We're going to prob talk about Macs and Sci-fi and video-gaming. I don't play video games but I studied it in school...haha close enough. Umm..you know..what geek girls talk about. It'll be great! I hope I find a friend who'll watch Sarah Connor Chronicles with me haha. On Monday after work, I'm going to try to go to a Filmmaker's meet up. I'm trying hard to be proactive with the whole friend making thing.

No comments: