Tuesday, June 10, 2008

4 year plans change

i don't have new years resolutions..i have 4 years plans. it started when i traveled to the UK by myself when i turned 18..and since then i've kept up a running list of things i want to have accomplished every 4 years.. being a bum has made me think about what i really want to accomplish in the next four to five years. and it came to me..

my family has all owned businesses. my aunts and uncles and mom have all owned restaurants in the past and one of my aunts still does in Belgium. my other aunt randomly decided to open a chocolate store in Vietnam, which has proven to be a really successful venture.

nobody really understood why i wanted to do this music, vagabond kind of thing but when i told them i wanted to open up a coffee shop it all made sense haha. i'm really considering this!! i've thought about it on and off since i was 12 and even have a notebook of it..it started out as a non-profit skate park/rec center for underprivileged kids and now, realistically i want to have a really amazing coffee shop because i love going to really amazing coffee shops.

i want it to have great food and vegan and veggie treats as well as some homemade gelato, ohh and amazing coffee and italian cream soda. i want to sell homemade crafts and foods from local vendors and make it a place where everyone wants to be. my brother's a chef! i'm going to brainstorm a menu with him and my aunts. my cousin is opening up a coffee shop in vietnam so after this last leg of tour, if i can't jump on any other tours i'm going to vietnam to study the trade. haha

don't worry! this isn't something out of the blue and i'm not jumping on this thing tomorrow! i'm giving myself five or six years to save up and then my parents are going to help me take out a loan..i'm going to try to prepare myself and slowly inch towards that goal and planning things out... gotta put my business minor to use!! but, i thought anyone reading this would be interested in knowing, firsthand!

i plan on exploring a LOT of coffee shops on this next tour..if you have any you want to recommend me let me knoow

it is pretty amazing to have a 'plan' after all this. i don't expect to be merching for the rest of my life and i never wanted to work for a label and i felt lost. there are so many wants in my life, i want to accomplish them all before i work another 70hrs a week. i want to do a little bit of everything but i've always wanted this and i'd be really happy to put blood, sweat, and tears into something to call my own. it is a relief to know that i have something to work towards :)

-mai

No comments: