Wednesday, June 11, 2008

summer reading list

chronicles of narnia (books 1-7!!) (just finished 1 today)
gonna try to get my hands on the rest of the vonnegut collection..there's about 4 i haven't read yet
Danny, the Champion of the World- Roald Dahl

umm there's more but that's all i checked out at the library so far..I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy (author of No Country for Old Men)..I definitely need to see the movie when it comes out this fall..I bought the book two years ago for tour and NEVER read it..didn't have time apparently and when I started it, it took me 2 days to finish..it took me one to finish 'The Magician's Nephew' from the Chronicles of Narnia. I used to be such as avid reader..I'd go through 3 books a week or it would take like 2-4 weeks if it was a classic like Dostoevsky. I've read soo many classics. I read them all before I got to 8th grade, scary enough and if there were some things I didn't understand I'd read analysis online..you know..cheat..except I wasn't cheating since i wasn't for a class. I went to Barnes & Noble and they have a classics section and I couldn't pick any out because I read all of them, there are a few I'd love to re-read since I've graduated college now and would probably understand it better, but more in the mood to read Chronicles of Narnia haha. I haven't read allll the classics in the world, duh. There are some that I started but never finished like Siddartha, mainly because it bored me to sleep but I bet if I reread it now, it would mean so much more..

the end of my rant..I'll update my book list, promise.

No comments: